Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to improve the living conditions of Ugandan orphans and the families who care for them. We do this by providing financial, technical and educational assistance to community-based organizations (CBOs) which provide services to vulnerable children in Uganda. We also directly manage programs that improve the lives of vulnerable children.
First established in 2004 Bambi Uganda Orphans (formerly Uganda Orphans Fund) is a non-profit organization responding to the challenges for the 2.3 million children orphaned as a result of civil unrest and the AIDS epidemic. Traditionally orphans in Uganda are cared for and raised by their extended families. Sadly, because of the death of many of the parenting generation and the sudden increase in the number of orphans, families and communities are no longer able to care for their vulnerable children.Our Goals:
- Improve the lives of Uganda’s orphans, their guardians and the larger community
- Help orphans and their foster families develop life skills and become self-sufficient
- Fund activities that directly improve the health, education, human rights and overall quality of life of orphans and their communities
- Support projects that advance the rights of and opportunities for Ugandan girls
In partnership with CBOs, Bambi Uganda Orphans develops and implements cutting edge solutions for the most affected communities to:
- Implement health initiatives, such as the provision of direct health services and the training of community health workers
- Improve early education by sponsoring orphans and training teachers
- Promote self-sufficiency by providing skills training and financial support to start and successfully manage community based income generating activities.
- Provide financial and management support to CBOs serving vulnerable children
- Provide safe, reliable water for orphans and their communities
- Demonstrate better farming methods to improve family nutrition and ensure year round food supply.
- Advance programs that protect children’s rights
- Initiate and encourage activities that protect the interests of girls