• ORGANIZATION PROFILE
  • Susan G. Komen Michigan, West Michigan Office Susan G. Komen Michigan, West Michigan Office

Causes

  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon

Volunteer with us!

VIEW AS
Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

The Susan G. Komen promise: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Description

The West Michigan Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. 75 percent of the Affiliate’s net income goes toward funding grants to local hospitals and community organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining net income (25 percent) supports the national Komen Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world.

The Komen West Michigan Affiliate’s services area covers Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, and Ottawa counties. Thanks to the thousands of people who participate in the Susan G. Komen West Michigan Race for the Cure and other Affiliate events each year, dedicated corporate partners and generous donors, Komen West Michigan is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community.

Website

http://www.komenmichigan.org/

Contact

Report this organization

Social Media

Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Susan G. Komen Michigan, West Michigan Office?

Engage your employees, consumers, or students! VolunteerMatch provides the tools that make community involvement easy.