The Bicycle Tree is a nonprofit community bicycle center. We provide affordable resources for people who ride bikes. The COVID-19 pandemic has required that we put many of our programs on hold, please inquire regarding the status of these programs. We typically offer the following programs:
- Maintenance workshops: participants bring their bikes and learn to repair and maintain them, using the facility's tools and equipment and receiving the assistance of mostly volunteer mechanics.
- Wrench and Ride: an eight-week program open to youth ages 12-18 in which participants learn about bicycle maintenance and bike safety. Each student then selects a donated used bike that they overhaul from top to bottom. We go on a bike ride together, and they take their refurbished bike home along with a helmet, lock, and lights.
- Bicycle donations: we refurbish donated used bikes that we then give to low-income individuals in partnership with shelters and programs. A helmet, lock, and lights are included with each bicycle.
- Sales of bikes and parts: We help fund our programs through the sale of donated used bikes and parts and a limited selection of new parts and materials.
- Rides and events: We show art on our walls, hold bike rides, show bike-related movies, and engage in other events to promote bicycling within the communities we serve.