Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Who We Are
Established by community volunteers from the central Texas region in 1990, BCL of Texas is a not-for-profit community development corporation, which furthers economic development by promoting and assisting in the growth of small businesses in Texas. In addition to providing business with counseling and technical assistance, BCL of Texas originates, underwrites, processes, closes and services business loans to healthy, growing businesses. Its mission is to create long-term jobs through business development and ensure that local communities benefit by an increased sales and property tax base for the long term. Additionally, the organization also provides homebuyer education programs, assists first-time homebuyers with the purchase of their first home and helps customers remain responsible and successful homebuyers.
What We Do
BCL is a leader in business expansion capital and community development. When a business comes to BCL of Texas, the organization:
· Assesses their needs and provides counseling on how to help their situation
· Provides underwriting to determine if the business is financially sound enough to take on debt
· Offers technical assistance to teach businesses new management techniques, new ways to market their business, how to retain accounts, etc.
· Structures, packages and processes loans for qualified businesses
In 2006, BCL of Texas:
· Facilitated more than $13,367,107 in Texas through its lending programs and created 123 jobs
· Assisted 200 businesses with business counseling
· Provided homebuyer education to 1,559 families, of which 923 purchased a home
· Formed an entrepreneurial collaborative with five business technology centers to serve 33 South Texas counties
Since its inception, BCL of Texas has facilitated more than $200 million in business loans throughout Texas and has created more than 3,000 jobs.
Programs and Services
Ask for 504 ™ - Commercial Real Estate & Equipment Financing provides commercial loans for business expansions throughout Texas, ranging from $250,000 - $3,000,000
Community Facilities - Loan Program provides loans to community facilities, such as affordable multi-family housing, affordable single-family construction loans, health centers, adult and child care facilities, industrial parks and more
BizAid - Business Entrepreneurship Development offers business assistance through one on one businesses counseling, business plan development, providing business technical assistance, mentoring and lender briefings
Home of Our Own - Homebuyer Education assists hundreds of families to become homeowners and, through affiliates, helps build subdivisions for working families
Money Matters - Financial Literacy supports helping youth of Texas receive higher education and financial literacy through 8 Steps For Achieving Financial Independence program
- Raquel Valdez
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!