The Salvation Army of Sarasota County
- Crisis Support
- Disaster Relief
- Homeless & Housing
Location1400 10th StreetSarasota, FL 34236 United States
The Salvation Army Mission Statement The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army of Sarasota County provides:
- Emergency Financial Assistance - a preemptive step to stop crisis before families and individuals become homeless.
- Pathway of Hope - helping families overcome barriers like unemployment, unstable housing and lack of education.
- Life Recovery Programs - provides individualized, life-saving services to adult men and women who are homeless, addicted to drugs or alcohol, or are incarcerated.
- Quality of Life - proactive housing-focused services, to include an emergency shelter for adults 18 and older.
- Community Centers - youth programs, community fellowship groups, senior programs, summer camps, group worship meetings, and afterschool programs.
- Food Pantries - in Venice and North Port
- A Thrift Store - in Venice