Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Missions of Community Development Network (CDN) is to:
- Promote the education of children, girls and the disabled to access regular schooling, learn how to read and write, receive literacy classes and training in creative learning activity
- Sensitize people on environmental problems and protection like e.g. renewable energy (solar panels, wind ...) and waste disposal and set up local organizations for garbage collection and disposal by inhabitants
- Provide medical and humanitarian aid to those who can’t afford it, hygiene education, prevention and the fight against HIV/AIDS and Malaria amongst other contagious and prevalent diseases
- Train youths to acquire practical skills (bakery, masonry, hairdressing, mechanic ...) through training workshops, support for micro- projects, promote the products of artisans for them to expand their business and improve their profitability
- Facilitate the training and access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for youths, women and the underprivileged to use the computer and the internet and acquire basic and practical computer skills
- Enable orphaned disabled or disadvantaged children (up to 15 years) to be sponsored and monitored during childhood and adolescence by sponsors in Africa or abroad
- Work with rural farming cooperatives for better market access and help women with micro development projects to market their products for a better income and sustainable livelihood
We aim at building the capacities of the poor and vulnerable rural communities (children, youths and women) and improve life in the community through facilitating initiatives in non-formal education, agriculture, health and sanitation, portable water, income generation, communications and environmental planning. Community Development Network also focuses on encouraging development endeavors by providing an enabling environment and active participation of the community in the development process. Community Development Network carries out community initiative programs for the amelioration of capacities, awareness and the communication of issues affecting rural poor and vulnerable population. These programs range from: renewable energy and clean environment; education and literacy; health prevention and information; entrepreneurship development and local initiatives; information and communication technologies, sponsorship, culture, art and sports as well as agriculture.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!