Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Houston Parks and Recreation Department
To improve the quality of life for individuals with a disability in the City of Houston by ensuring greater access to recreation programs, wellness activities and park facilities.
Our mission is to be a leader in providing meaningful opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in fully accessible sports, recreation and wellness activities.
- To promote and provide organized and accessible sports, recreation and wellness opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities
- To improve the lives of people with a disability through programs, and to positively impact the Greater Houston area through education and awareness.
- To build positive perceptions of people with disabilities
- To foster relationships with service providers, individuals and organizations.
- To oversee physical and functional management of the facility at 1475 West Gray to include, ensuring the primary use is for people with disabilities and or non-profit organizations that provide a service to people with disabilities.
The Adaptive Recreation Center at the Metropolitan Multi-service Center is a city of Houston Recreation department facility. It is dedicated to work with people with physcial disabilities. We offer recreational opportunities to all people with physcial disabilities.
The Adaptive Recreation Center has a full sized heated indoor pool. The pool has an entrance ramp and chair lifts so people of all abilities may use the pool. Aquatic classes are held on a daily basis as well as open free swim.
The Center has a well equiped fitness room with fitness equipment designed especially for people with disabilities.
The Center also includes a full size gym where all wheel chair sports are played including rugby, soccer and basketball.
The Center is also a meeting place for organizations that provide services to people with disabilities.
The staff at the Center produce several events throughout the year including the Junior Wheel Chair Sports Camp for wheel chair athletes under 19 years old. The Metal Muscle Sports Expo that highlights almost all wheel chair sports.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!