Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of SouthernCare is to assure that residents of its service locales have access to a program of care that enhances the quality of life for the terminally ill and their families. Care of the whole person is emphasized by providing physical, spiritual and emotional support to all medically appropriate persons, without discrimination. Efforts are centered on meeting needs by offering highly individualized compassionate care in the person?s home or a home like setting. SouthernCare recognizes the value of dedicated staff and volunteers and affirms each as individuals, as well as members of the care team. SouthernCare is dedicated to enhancing the care of all in the community by education, and by example, serve as a symbolic reminder that life is to be lived until you die. SouthernCare was founded in 1995 in Birmingham, Alabama. There are now 75 office in 15 different states. Indiana alone has nine offices. We focus on doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to make our clients happy.
SouthernCare provides hospice services to patients who reside in private homes, group homes, assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities. SouthernCare provides palliative care to patients that have a terminal diagnosis such as:
- ALS (Lou Gehrig?s disease)
- Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA/Stroke)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- End Stage Dementia
- End Stage Degenerative Neurological Diseases (Parkinson's, Huntington's, etc.)
- End Stage Renal Disease/Renal Failure
- General Debility/Failure to Thrive
- Liver Disease
We take pride in providing individualized care to each of our patients. The core services that are provided by SouthernCare staff include:
- 24 hour support by phone or personal visit
- Physician Care
- Medical Management
- Direct Nursing Care
- Home Care Aides for bathing and other personal services
- Homemaker Services
- Social Services
- Spiritual Counseling
- Volunteer Services
- Symptom Management (pain & other symptoms)
- Medications related to the Hospice Diagnosis
- Medical Equipment (wheelchairs, hospital beds, oxygen, etc)
- Medical Supplies (incontinent supplies, nutritional supplements)
- Nutritional Assistance
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Respite Care
- Bereavement Support following the patient's death
Office is open Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 5:00 PM. Nursing staff is on-call 24 hours a day for emergencies. Call 765-448-4732 for more information.
- Amanda Overmyer
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!