Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Peoria, inspired by Christ, respects and defends the dignity of each person; empowers individuals, families and communities; advocates for a just and compassionate society, and encourages all people to join us in fulfilling our mission.
We work for the common good and a just society recognizing we are only as strong as the most vulnerable among us.
We live the Gospel call to serve others with love, especially the poor and vulnerable.
We value and respect all persons, at every stage and condition of life.
We support people and communities to achieve their potential and to act on their own behalf.
We challenge ourselves to meet the highest standards of service and leadership.
We honor our commitments and stay true to our mission and values.
Our work is directed with a greater purpose and faith in a loving God.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Peoria is a comprehensive social service agency providing a full range of services to children, families, adults, seniors and communities. Each year, Catholic Charities serves over 30,000 people throughout our diocese. Services are available to all individuals, couples and families regardless of race, religion or economic status.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Peoria is the official social service agency of the Peoria Diocese, an area covering 26 counties in central Illinois. With more than 500 dedicated staff members and 1700 caring volunteers, Catholic Charities strives to provide help and create hope to anyone in need regardless of race, religion or economic status. We have over 40 programs and services designed to help the most vulnerable in our communities, including foster care, crisis intervention, senior services and counseling.
In FY 2005...
- We matched more than 1,600 children with loving families through foster care and adoption.
- Through our Latino Outreach program, more than 122 immigrants were empowered to become active in their communities.
- Over 12,569 hurting people received consolation and hope through our counseling and education programs.
- 3,929 hours of in-home counseling and support were provided to seniors, improving their self-esteem and quality of life.
- 4,006 at-risk children received time, attention and a sense of self-worth through our Youth Services program.
- Cathleen Wizgird
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!