Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- Our mission is to increase relief for those distressed by posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). To achieve this, Fearless Nation PTSD Support, Inc. will do the following:
- Promote the advancement of education and scientific research concerning PTSD and make this information available to the public within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of and future federal tax code.
- Promote the elimination of prejudice and discrimination concerning PTSD within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of and future federal tax code.
- Fearless Nation PTSD Support, Inc. is a nondenominational, multicultural community that offers support, information and understanding of the symptoms and treatment of PTSD. Our focus is on raising awareness, providing education, and banishing stigma associated with PTSD.
- We seek to utilize the latest technology available to share educational information and provide group support, through the use of the world wide web, including a website and social media to empower participants to recover from trauma and PTSD.
- We welcome PTSD survivors, their families, friends, and clinicians. This includes specifically war veterans, law enforcement personnel, emergency responders, sexual and physical abuse survivors, torture and crime victims, man-made and natural disaster survivors, trauma clinicians, and those close to anyone who has suffered physical, psychological, and verbal trauma.
- PTSD recovery does not occur in isolation, and that community and a supportive group environment are key elements in establishing a healthy life because they promote reconnection with self and others. There is power in a group.
- PTSD survivors can reclaim self confidence by becoming educated about the condition and informed about the latest scientific research in the scope and treatment of PTSD. Knowledge is power.
- PTSD survivors are the authors of their own recovery, and that encouraging autonomy aids recovery.
- Advocacy for the recognition of and treatment of PTSD through awareness-raising activities empower PTSD survivors to create (and believe in) a future where the world is a less traumatic place.
PTSD, suicide, virtual, 3D, Avatar, "post traumatic stress", Afghanistan, Iraq, veteran, war, "law enforcement", military, police, psychology, therapy, neuroscience, trauma, TBI, rape, crime, 9/11, psychiatry, homeland, terror, troops, VA, consumer, trafficking, secondlife, SL, T2, soldier, fearless, health
Founded in 2009, Fearless Nation PTSD Support is a 501c3 and 509(a)(1) and (2) organization as determined by the IRS, meaning that we are a publicly supported charity (not a "private foundation") and an exempt purpose activity-supported charity.
We are the FIRST mental health care nonprofit to utilize virtual reality environments (VREs) to help span distance, preserne anonymity, and provide 24/7, on-demand support and education for PTSD patients, and their spouses, partners, families, parents, children, friends and community. We use the FREE, accessible 3D social network VRE of Second Life a VRE provided online by Linden Labs.
WE PROVIDE SUPPORT THROUGH:
- INFORMATION & EDUCATION: based in science, to educate the public about PTSD to AVOID:
- Misdiagnosis (a common problem)
- Mistreatment (due to misdiagnosis)
- Misinformation (stigma)
- Empower people with PTSD to "own" their recovery and take back control
- We encourage individual-based strategies for healing and recovery--there is no "one-size-fits-all" approach.
- RAISING AWARENESS ABOUT PTSD: To recognize and get treatment quickly
- COMMUNITY: For ALL PTSD survivors, no matter their vocation: WE ARE NOT JUST FOR MILITARY AND EMBRACE A "ONE WORLD" COMMUNITY STANDARD FOR ALL PEOPLE WITH PTSD
We welcome all PTSD sufferers, their families, friends, and clinicians, war veterans, law enforcement personnel, emergency response workers, those traumatized by sexual abuse, child abuse, torture, human trafficking, hostage events and crime, man-made and natural disasters, and physical, psychological, and verbal trauma.PTSD, suicide, virtual, 3D, Avatar, "post traumatic stress", Afghanistan, Iraq, veteran, war, "law enforcement", military, police, psychology, therapy, neuroscience, trauma, TBI, rape, crime, 9/11, psychiatry, homeland, terror, troops, VA, consumer, trafficking, secondlife, SL, T2, soldier, fearless, health
- Colleen Crary
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!