Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Open Arms offers a safe and secure environment to teen-agers and their children by offering child care and development, educational opportunities, life skills and parenting skills, and basic necessities.
- Teen-age women
- Counseling services offered
- Child Development services for their child (ren) at no cost.
- Clothes Closet
- Food Pantry
- Infant safety furniture: cribs, monitors, strollers, car seats, changing pads, etc.
CHILDRENS SERVICESWe own and operate a state licensed child development center (Open Arms Child Development Center) for up to 62 at-risk infants/children. Besides child development services we offer health & developmental assessment, and individual family plans to prevent or address issues identified through the assessment process.
SUPPORT SERVICESOpen Arms Teen-age Crisis and Child Development Center offers a full range of support services designed to help all of our clients and their children to achieve success in this phase of their lives. These services include:
- Group & Individual Counseling on issues such as parenting, families, relationships, anger & stress management, personal hygiene, sexually transmitted diseases, HIV & TB education.
- Job Readiness and Placement training and support
- Referrals to area health, job placement, education, and other services
- Social activities such as barbeques, trips to the park, etc.
- Graduate services and support for up to two years after graduating from high school or completing an equivalency test.
ANCILLIARY SERVICESOpen Arms is developing strong partnerships and linkages with organizations such as WIC and The Pregnancy Care Center to insure our clients have access to health, education, job training, psychological, and other services needed to insure their safety and success.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!