Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide outstanding health care to the communities we serve through an uncompromising focus on clinical quality, compassionate service, and the creation of a medical "safe haven" for our patients and their families.
We will become the best community hospital in our region by:
- Making the quality of the care we provide the overarching goal of all our efforts, and the standard by which we measure and communicate our success
- Attracting and retaining the most talented people at all levels of the institution by rewarding performance and providing the ongoing training and education to sustain professional growth
- Promoting and sustaining candid dialogue with the communities we serve so that the services we offer accurately reflect their evolving health care needs
- Maintaining an honest appraisal of our limitations as a community hospital as well as our strengths, so that we earn and retain the trust of our patients by securing the care they need at another institution if we do not have the capacity to provide it ourselves
- Making targeted investments in facilities and medical technology to sustain the infrastructure needed for clinical excellence
- Adopting prudent and responsible fiscal policies to ensure that we always remain a valued and viable community resource
- Acknowledging both the critical importance of the medical staff to successfully accomplishing our mission and the unprecedented challenges they face in terms of their incomes, quality of life, and job satisfaction, and finding innovative methods of partnering with them for mutual benefit and improved patient care
- Creating a culture where mutual respect, trust, compassion, integrity, transparency, and teamwork are lived values that inform everything we do, and that flow naturally from our commitment to our mission
Our Core Values
The New Milford Hospital family of employees, volunteers, and physicians is dedicated to a set of core values regarding the treatment of patients, visitors, and each other on a daily basis.
- We will always treat everyone with respect.
- We will always provide compassionate care.
- We will always maintain professional excellence.
- We will always respect individual dignity.
- We will always work as a team.
We set high standards for our work and believe in accountability for our actions. We believe that by continuous review, improvement and follow through, we will achieve these core values and an outstanding reputation in the communities we serve.
New Milford Hospital (NMH) is a member of Western Connecticut Health Network, a regional health system that includes Danbury Hospital, Western Connecticut Home Care, and other affiliated organizations. NMH is an organization dedicated to patient-centered care that nutures every patient's body, mind and spirit. The Hospital has an extraordinary tradition of warm and caring personal attention backed by top-notch physicians, world-class technology and the newest, most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available. Your healthcare team of highly trained physicians, nurses, technicians and administrators is determined and committed to improving the health and quality of life of those we serve.
Founded in 1921, New Milford Hospital (NMH) is a regional, not-for-profit, 85-bed community hospital, offering acute and outpatient services for the vast majority of health care needs in the community. The Hospital's medical staff comes from many of the finest training programs in the country, delivering comprehensive and compassionate patient care. In 2010, NMH affiliated with Danbury Hospital and in 2014 we have recently affiliated with Norwalk Hospital, forming Western Connecticut Health Network.
We have grown to become a regional healthcare provider serving patients in western Connecticut and eastern New York State with a tradition of caring, personal attention backed by highly skilled nurses, world-class technology and some of the newest, most advanced diagnostic and treatment options available. From our renowned regional cancer center and 24/7 emergency department, to the thriving one-day surgery, orthopedic joint and spine services, imaging centers and sleep medicine program, we have consistently achieved patient satisfaction rankings among the nation's top community hospitals.
Some points of interest include:
- The New Milford Hospital Regional Cancer Center, opened in 1999, provides one of the state's most successful oncology programs with patients from more than 100 surrounding communities; our patients benefit from very active research and support programs, including clinical trials for treatment and prevention, as well as leading-edge treatments, such as radiopharmaceutical therapies and partial breast radiation for early breast cancers;
- NMH was among the first hospitals in the state to offer intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), smart-beam radiation tailored to each patient, and high dose rate radiation (HDR) therapy on site;
- NMH has a $5.5 million, state-of-the-art one-day surgery center, including endoscopy suites and operating rooms updated in 2010 to enhance patient safety and comfort;
- the 24/7 emergency department consistently ranks among the best in Connecticut with doctors trained at major trauma centers, treating nearly 20,000 patients annually; its innovative paramedic intercept program supplements local ambulance squads with an advanced emergency support dispatched from the hospital;
- NMH provides one of the highest nurse-to-patient ratios in the state, and currently enjoys one of the state's lowest nursing vacancy rates;
- the most sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment is available at New Milford Hospital including a 1.5 Tesla fixed MRI, a 64-slice low-dose CT Scanner, Varian Trilogy linear accelerator, PET scanning, and digital mammography;
- a 24/7 hospitalist program gives patients and families in the hospital more immediate access to physicians specializing in inpatient medicine.
NMH successfully achieves and maintains accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and many other accreditation agencies.
- Amy Faith Lionheart
- Need admin access?