Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We envision a fire department that
- Focuses on the safety and well being of its members and those it serves.
- Meets the needs of the community through education, cooperation and innovation.
- Provides the highest level of community service and protection with integrity, pride and commitment that exceed the expectations of the citizens who depend on it.
- Consists of properly equipped, well-trained professional men and women dedicated to meeting the needs of the community.
To make this vision a reality, the Spring Lake Park-Blaine-Mounds View Fire Department’s mission is to protect life and property through fire- and life-safety education, proactive firefighter training and emergency services for the community.
Beliefs, Values and expectations:
- We believe the only way we can truly succeed is through our people. People are the key to success for our fire department.
- We believe in providing emergency services using volunteer firefighters to the highest extent and degree possible
- We believe in constant respect of fellow firefighters and citizens.
- We believe we can prevent or minimize the loss of life, injury and property damage through prevention education, effective training and sound fire fighting practices.
- We believe a good fire department strives to meet the needs of its customers.
- We value members who approach the job with dignity, integrity and pride in their work and accept each member for his or her strengths and weaknesses.
- We value relationships with the private sectors -and public partners.
- We expect the highest levels of commitment and dedication.
- We expect all members to represent the organization at all times in a positive and professional manner and to adhere to the policies and procedures of the department.
Company Overview SBM Fire Department is a Minnesota Non-Profit Organization contracting services to the cities of Spring Lake Park, Blaine, Mounds View as well as the Anoka County Airport. The Department services 44 square miles and nearly 80,000 citizens. Description SBM is a combination Fire Department comprised of full time staff, city employees, and volunteer firefighters. We operate out of 4 Fire Stations as well as the Blaine City Hall. SBM hosts a beautiful fleet of 20 fire apparatus run and operated by 20 day time staff and over 60 volunteers. General Information SBM Fire Department prides itself in offering a vast range of services and community support. A majority of calls consist of Emergency Response, Fire, Hazardous Material Release, Personal Injury Crash Rescue, Police Assists, and other emergencies as requested. However, the Department also hosts very active Prevention, Public Education, and Investigation Divisions. These divisions thrive to supp ort community awareness and offer countless special events, services, and resources. Beyond our fire suppression firefighters, support staff, and prevention volunteers, SBM also boasts a unique group known as Fire Corps. Consisting of over 20 members, these community citizens volunteer help the department in many areas including prevention, education, investigations, photography, event staffing, station/apparatus maintenance, and more!
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!