Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Relief, Inc. is to improve the lives of the people all over the world more specifically Liberia, West Africa and local Communities in Northern California by mobilizing the International Community. Relief, Inc. will minister to the PHYSICAL, MENTAL, EMOTIONAL and SPIRITUAL needs of every MAN, WOMAN and CHILD in need of help. Our mission is focused on aggressively reaching our goals; however, this requires the generosity and assistance of many.
Relief. Inc. is a Modesto based nonprofit founded by a Liberian woman, Phebe Dennis Fortt. Witnessing the 14 1/2 year civil war in Liberia from a distance, Mrs. Fortt has dedicated her life to improving the Liberian community and our local communities in Northern California.
The various phases of Relief Inc. include:
- Shipping books, school supplies yearly.
- Sponsoring Kids -In-School to get an education.
- Support Orphans-Through Art collaboration project
- Providing scholarships for women for college or vocational training, to establish self sufficiency.
- Shipping Medical supplies, Bed and mattresses to donate to hospitals.
- In addition to our Relief effort, we provide leadership and goal setting training to local high school and college students.
- We get volunteers involved in our charitable organization in ways that exposes them to things that they ordinarily would not experience until they are in the job market.
- We are known for our local Holidays food and toys giveaway as well as Valentine Healthy Basket for deserving school students.