Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to educate and to lead, coordinate and assist citizens' efforts to defend their rights, to protect the environment, and to improve and enforce laws and public policy regarding the mining and use of coal.
Outreach and Education
- Provide citizens groups with information and organizing assistance
- Help concerned citizens prepare testimony for public hearings
- Develop and conduct training workshops for members
- Deliver presentations to civic clubs, universities, and other public forums
- Provide citizens with contact information
- Inform coalfield residents about their legal rights
- Assist those impacted by mining with filing complaints
- Hold rallies on important coalfield issues
- Conduct media tours of damaged structures, properties and water resources
- Attend hearings and submit comments on permit applications
- Coordinate meetings with regulatory agencies to advocate for just laws, regulations, and policies
- Educate legislators about mining issues
- Comment on proposed legislation, regulations, and policies
- Filed lawsuit to require mining companies to post sufficient bonds for reclamation cost
- Cassie McCrae
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!