Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The AYSO mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs, which promote a fun, family environment based on the AYSO philosophies.
The five AYSO philosophies are:
• Everyone Plays - Our program's goal is for kids to play soccer--so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game.
• Balanced Teams - Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible--because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
• Open Registration - Our program is open to all children between 4-1/2 and 19 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing.
• Positive Coaching - Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
• Good Sportsmanship - We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
AYSO is a national organization, first formed in 1964. Today there are AYSO regions across the United States making it possible for over 650,000 children from age 4 1/2 thru 18 to play soccer.
The local region, East Central Iowa, has over 130 teams and over 1200 children. Games are at the Tuma Soccer Complex in Cedar Rapids on Saturdays. We have both a Fall and a Spring season, running typically during September - October and April - May. The East Central Iowa region draws players from around Cedar Rapids and Marion, including Mt Vernon; Anamosa; Palo; and surround areas.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!