Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AIDS/LifeCycle is co-produced by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and is designed to advance their shared interests to end the pandemic and human suffering caused by AIDS.
The goals of AIDS/LifeCycle are to:
- Raise funds to support the HIV/AIDS services of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation;
- Increase awareness and knowledge about the services and programs offered by the benefiting organizations;
- Increase awareness and knowledge about HIV/AIDS among participants, their donors and the general public;
- Increase AIDS activism and volunteerism among the participant and donor communities, inspiring them to become ambassadors in the fight against AIDS;
- Provide a positive, life-affirming experience for people affected and infected by HIV;
- Contribute to an increased understanding of the disproportionate impact HIV has had on the GLBT communities in SF and LA;
- Encourage an environment of dignity and improved quality of life for those affected by HIV and AIDS.
AIDS/LifeCycle is a fully supported, 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness in the fight against HIV/AIDS. AIDS/LifeCycle 2014 will take place June 1st through June 7th, 2014. Every year, this landmark ride through beautiful California delivers a life-changing experience for thousands of participants from all backgrounds and fitness levels united by a common desire to do something heroic. Whether you're considering your first ride or are a seasoned veteran, we want you with us on AIDS/LifeCycle 2014. You belong here.
WHY WE RIDE
It’s easy to think that HIV/AIDS is no longer a problem. Medications have come a long way, and people are living longer, healthier lives. This is why the work of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center is so vital. These agencies continue to provide the critical services and education needed to meet the growing needs of our community. We ride to raise awareness and knowledge about HIV/AIDS among participants, their donors, and the general public. We ride because--in the current economy--our agencies need these funds more than ever. Ultimately, we ride so that someday, we won’t have to.AIDS is not over
In California alone there are 151,000 people living with HIV. Nationally, 70 percent of all new infections occur in communities of color and people under the age of 25 are increasingly affected.
The costs associated with medical care and treatment for a person with HIV are about $20,000 per year. Access to life-saving drugs, clinical trials and state-of-the-art treatment helps those with the disease live a longer and better quality of life. AIDS/LifeCycle will help those living with HIV/AIDS gain greater independence and get the treatment and care they need. Prevention services geared towards high-risk populations will ensure that future generations will not experience the same level of loss that we have faced in the last two decades.
As the number of people living with HIV increases, so does the need for the services provided by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, the two agencies producing this event.
AIDS/LifeCycle is the only AIDS fundraising bicycle event in California organized by the non-profit agencies that will benefit from the money raised by its participants. Our sole concern is providing critical services to people living with HIV and AIDS. Your support and commitment to this event is pivotal to our success. Your participation and the monies you raise will allow us to provide these critical services.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!