Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1986 to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants and refugees in Los Angeles. As a multiethnic coalition of community organizations and individuals, CHIRLA aims to foster greater understanding of the issues that affect immigrant communities, provide a neutral forum for discussion, and unite immigrant groups to more effectively advocate for positive change.
- Educates community members about issues that affect immigrants and refugees.
- Organizes immigrants around important social issues.
- Provides legal representation and support network for immigrants and refugees.
- Participates in national, state, and local advocacy to inform public policy on topics that impact immigrant welfare.
- Implements an extensive referral system.
- Works to improve race and ethnic human relations in Los Angeles and other areas throughout Southern California.
- Provides extensive referral services via its bilingual hotline to the immigrant community, service providers and community leaders.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!