Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
DHS Vision, Mission and Goals
Safety, health and independence for all Oregonians.
To help Oregonians in their own communities achieve wellbeing and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity.
- People are safe and living as independently as possible.
- People are able to support themselves and their families through stable living wage employment.
- Children and youth are safe, well and connected to their families, communities and cultural identities.
- Choices made by seniors and people with disabilities about their own lives are honored.
- Partners, clients and stakeholders are actively engaged in a variety of collaborative and meaningful ways.
- Culturally specific and responsive services are provided by highly qualified and diverse staff.
- The department is committed to equal access, service excellence and equity for all Oregonians
Volunteers are an integral part of the Department of Human Services. There is a broad range of volunteer opportunities that help serve DHS clients and staff. Volunteers are recruited and placed in jobs that help to meet community and DHS customer needs. Volunteers provide personalized ways to help DHS clients, staff, offices, and communities in a wide variety of ways.
Every effort is made to place DHS volunteers to opportunities that best meets their abilities and interests. As a volunteer you do not replace paid staff but donate your time and skills to supplement staff services.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!