Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The primary objectives of the Association are:
1) to encourage and promote humane equine activities, both competitive and recreational, for youth and adults: horse shows, trail trials, gymkhanas, parades, horsemastership, drill team, stock competitions, trial rides, endurance;
2) to cultivate respect for the horse and good sportsmanship in equine activities;
3) to encourage and support the acquisition, construction, maintenance, supervision, preservation of and access to equestrian trails on public and private lands;
4) to encourage and support the construction and maintenance of horse campgrounds and facilities;
5) to educate members about appropriate horse husbandry practices, health and safety measures;
6) to award scholarships to outstanding competitors and to provide monetary contributions to worthy equine charitable organizations ;
7) to encourage participation at state and local government levels to preserve equestrian traditions and to safeguard the equine community against policies that adversely impact its well-being.
The California State Horsemen's Association was founded in 1942 for the purpose of fostering interest in all breeds of horses and forms of horsemanship throughout the State of California.
CSHA has designed a wide range of programs which offer participants opportunities for growth and enjoyment, regardless of their type of riding, breed of horse or experience level.
CSHA implements it's programs via it's 18 geographic regions throughout the State of California. These regions have elected officers and appointed program chairs who volunteer their time to develop their respective programs and who represent clubs and individuals that participate in various programs offered by the Association.
CSHA is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.