National Society of Black Engineers-Inland Empire Area Chapter
- Education & Literacy
Location16595 Terrace Ln Unit DFontana, CA 92335 United States
NSBE's mission is " to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community. "
The National Society of Black Engineers strive to accomplish the following objectives for our organization:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines.
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering registrations.
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in that profession.
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Black Engineers.
New and innovative project ideas are generated and implemented throughout the year on the chapter, regional and national levels. Some of NSBE's present activities include tutorial programs, group study sessions, high school/junior high outreach programs, technical seminars and workshops, a national communications network (NSBENET), two national magazines (NSBE Magazine and the NSBE Bridge), an internal newsletter, a professional newsletter (The Career Engineer), resume books, career fairs, awards, banquets and an annual national convention.