Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Culpeper Literacy Council is to provide, promote, and coordinate, the literacy services for adults 18 years of age or older in Culpeper County, Virginia. Culpeper Literacy Council was started in January 1987 by a group of citizens in the community whose goal was to improve literacy. The Council held its first formal meeting in 1988 and was established as a non-profit organization in 1989. The original program was supported by a one-time grant of $1500, which was used for start-up materials.
Culpeper Literacy Council provides the following services free of charge to our community:
- One-on-one tutoring to adults wishing to learn how to read or improve their literacy skills.
- ESOL classes (English for Speakers of Other Languages) for adults who wish to learn English.
- EL/Civics tutoring to any adult learner who wants to become a US Citizen.
- Daytime GED preparation classes.
- Digital Literacy Program teaches basic/intermediate level computer skills for adults.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!