Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Columbia Land Conservancy works with the community to conserve the farmland, forests, wildlife habitat, and rural character of Columbia County, strengthening connections between people and the land.
The Columbia Land Conservancy will be a dynamic force in supporting and sustaining a strong and vibrant rural community, where agriculture plays a central role in the economy, where development respects historic traditions and natural resources, and where there are accessible open spaces and abundant, healthy natural lands and wildlife habitats.
We’re working toward achieving this vision every day. Since our inception, we have:
- Permanently protected 29,500 acres of land; CLC holds conservation easements and performs annual monitoring on 25% of all privately conserved land in the Hudson Valley and 60% in the Capital Region.
- Established 5,750 acres of public land and developed plans for ongoing management of 10 Public Conservation Areas.
- Secured over $12 million to ensure the protection of over 7,000 acres of working farmland.
- Created an agricultural program that promotes working farms and provides logistical support, including a successful Farmer Landowner Match program with 54 farms on over 1,800 acres of land (as of September 2015).
- Assisted with open space and trail development, conservation planning and agriculture issues throughout the County, including workshops and conferences, coordinating funding initiatives, and fostering partnerships among towns, county government, and allied conservation organizations.
- John Horton
- 518-392-5252 ext. 210
- Need admin access?