Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the PKD Foundation chapters is to assist, on a regional and local basis, the national efforts of the PKD Foundation to promote research to find a cure for Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) and improve the care and treatment of those it affects.
Chapters across the country are continually creating events, like the Walk for PKD, to help raise funds for PKD research. Other activities include activities designed to raise awareness of polycystic kidney disease.
The chapters focus on the following six key areas.
- Public Awareness Foster public awareness of PKD and distribute information about the disease and the PKD Foundation to patients, the public and the media.
- Fund-Raising Attract individuals, corporations and foundations interested in financially supporting PKD research.
- Action Alert Lobby for increased federal funding of PKD research at the National Institutes of Health.
- Education Educate patients and family members about PKD by hosting educational seminars.
- The Gift of One AnotherAssist patients and their family members by encouraging, providing support and listening.
- Becoming Part of the Whole Work together for a common goal by conforming to the PKD Foundation standards and following guidelines set forth by the Volunteer Action Committee.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!