Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission of the United Way is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities. We are committed to identifying and resolving community issues and we strive to energize and inspire people to make a difference by helping children succeed, strengthening and supporting families and promoting self sufficiency. We work with health and human service organizations to help those in need in our community.
Centralized in Palestine, Texas, we serve a broad territory including Anderson, Freestone, Limestone and Leon counties. Within these communities we currently support 8 partner agencies with funding to help over 8,000 individuals and families. Our partner agencies help the community by providing:
- counseling and a safe house for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- emergency assistance for the homeless including mothers and their children.
- low or no cost medical services for the indigent or uninsured.
- 24 hour free and confidential services for those battling substance abuse.
- nutritious meals, education, counseling and most of all companionship to the elderly and home bound.
- positive solutions to unplanned pregnancies at no charge.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates who represent children in court with a goal of securing permanent placement in safe nurturing homes.
- summer enrichment activities for at risk children and adolescents with mental health, behavioral or academic disabilities.
- Mary Raum
- Need admin access?