Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vision Statement of Main Street Bath, Inc. To maintain and strengthen a thriving community that lives its sense of history, is culturally active and encourages community spirit and the involvement of all its citizens. The Mission of Main Street Bath is ..
- to promote and preserve the maritime culture and historic charm of Bath
- to work with every segment of the community to keep the downtown healthy and vibrant
- to preserve Bath as a thriving community that lives its sense of history, is culturally active and encourages community spirit and the involvement of its citizens.
"The health of our downtown is a reflection of the health of our community"
"Main Street" is a program originated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation that focuses on revitalization of traditional downtowns to enhance the appearance and economic stability of the commercial district, and to improve community pride and quality of life for residents and visitors. The program has been adopted in 44 states and more than 1,650 communities across the country. The Maine Downtown Center (MDC) is affiliated with the National Main Street Center. It assists Maine communities in developing their own self-help revitalization programs. Through the efforts of a group of local volunteers, Bath was selected in 2001 as one of four initial Main Street Maine communities, qualifying it for a 3 year package of training & technical assistance on revitalization provided by the MDC, and paid for by a legislative appropriation plus contributions from corporations, foundations and individuals. Designated communities pay for their own operating expenses and community projects through funds raised locally. Main Street Bath, Inc. (MSB) is a non-profit corporation, guided by a Board of Directors comprised of representatives of the downtown business community, the City government and community leaders.
Its work is carried out through four standing committees made up of community volunteers, who are assisted by a paid Program Director. Initial funding for MSB came from 3 year pledges of cash and in-kind donations by businesses, individuals and support from the City Council. Specific projects have been paid for by special solicitations and by fund-raisers. Main Street Bath is tax-exempt under Section 501(c) (3). Contributions are tax-deductible.
What is the Main Street approach to Downtown Revitalization? The Main Street program’s success is based on a comprehensive strategy of work, tailored to local needs and opportunities in four broad areas, called the Main Street four-point Approach:
- Design: Enhancing the physical appearance of the commercial district by rehabilitating historic buildings, beautification efforts, encouraging supportive new construction, developing sensitive design management systems, and long term planning.
- Organization: Building consensus and cooperation among the many groups and individuals in Bath who have a role in the revitalization process.
- Promotion: Marketing the traditional commercial district’s unique characteristics to customers, potential investors, new businesses, local Bath citizens and visitors.
- Economic Restructuring: Strengthening the Bath district’s existing economic base while finding ways to expand it to meet new opportunities and challenges from outlying development.
Brought to You By Main Street Bath:
- Bath Heritage Days
- Bath Visitor Information Center
- Bath ArtWalk & Tour
- Banners over Bath
- City Way Finding Signs
- The Arch Project
- Downtown Flowers with Bath Garden Club, City & Community support
- Mayfair Weekend
- Ship Celebrations
- Autumn Fest
- Gift of Bath gift certificates
- Old Fashioned Christmas in Bath
- Bath Blarney Days
- So You Think You Know Bath
- Bath "City of Ships" Brochure
- Gazebo Concert series
- Visitor and Resident Intercept Surveys
- Business Barometer Meetings
- Building Inventory in the Main Street Bath District
- Workshops and business collaborations
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!