Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The non-profit organization Hudson RIver Sloop Clearwater was created to defend and restore the Hudson River, one of the great and historic rivers of this nation:
- To investigate and conduct research into any causes or sources of contamination and destruction of this river, its tributaries and similar river systems;
- To inform the public of such dangers and to assist the public in taking such measures to stop such contamination;
- To educate the general populace as to the importance of preserving the Hudson River, its tributaries and other similar river systems;
- To foster the historic and cultural heritage of the Hudson River Valley from the mountains to the sea;
- To protect the well-being of individuals who dwell along its banks and related areas;
- To protect and restore other great waterways;
- To conduct other actions that will enhance and improve the environment of the Hudson River Valley and surrounding areas.
The Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc. is a story of people who have given of themselves as members, as supporters and as volunteers - people who have dreams for a better world and an unwavering belief that, as individuals, we can make a difference in bringing about a cleaner, safer world for ourselves and future generations. Clearwater conducts environmental education, advocacy programs and celebrations. The nucleus of the activities is to protect the Hudson River, its tributaries and related water bodies, and to create public awareness of the estuary's complex relationship with the coastal zone. A magnificent natural design blending the freshwater streams of the Adirondacks with the salt tides of the Atlantic, the Hudson is a prime example of an estuary's ecosystem that, as a type, ranks second only to rain forests in biological productivity.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!