Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the nation’s leading organization bringing together people across communities and backgrounds to understand and prevent suicide, and to help heal the pain it causes. Individuals, families, and communities who have been personally touched by suicide are the moving force behind everything we do.
- We strive for a world that is free of suicide.
- We support research, because understanding the causes of suicide is vital to saving lives.
- We educate others in order to foster understanding and inspire action.
- We offer a caring community to those who have lost someone they love to suicide, or who are struggling with thoughts of suicide themselves.
- We advocate to ensure that federal, state, and local governments do all they can to prevent suicide, and to support and care for those at risk.
AFSP is a multifaceted organization made up of esteemed scientists, dedicated survivors of suicide loss, people with mental disorders and their families, and an expansive network of business and community leaders.
We are at once a grassroots movement, a support network, an educator, a professional research organization and a grant-making foundation.
We organize hundreds of events in communities across the country, raising millions of dollars each year to support our work, both locally and nationally. We advocate for social change, supporting policies that contribute to reducing and preventing suicides nationwide.
While AFSP does not provide direct services, such as counseling or running a crisis hotline, we do work closely with the organizations providing these services.
Through these many roles, we reach hundreds of thousands of people every year. Increasingly, the media has turned to AFSP as their go-to source of expertise on suicide and its prevention.
In collaboration with our volunteers and program participants, the following people help to make all of these things happen.
- Valerie Kovacovich
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!