Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission of The Maine Public Broadcasting Network
The mission of the Maine Public Broadcasting Network is to engage the minds and enrich the lives of the people in the communities that we serve.
MPBN advances this mission through a broad array of programs and services that inspire, educate and entertain. Through television and radio programming, educational and informative initiatives for children, educators and adults, and the global reach of the Internet, MPBN strives to provide the people of Maine with a readily accessible statewide resource of the highest possible quality. MPBN is committed to:
- fostering an informed and active citizenry
- providing a forum for a broad spectrum of opinions and perspectives
- reflecting the diversity of our audiences and communities
- promoting the educational development of children
- producing local and regional public affairs, arts, science and humanities programming
- serving as a "window to the world" of various people, cultures and habitats
- maintaining the highest standards of broadcast quality, and
- providing excellent customer and audience services.
Public radio and television broadcasting in the United States is organized as a cooperatives of community-based stations which pool resources to create shared national programming and individually serve the needs of their communities. The Maine Public Broadcasting Network serves Maine and also reaches most of New Brunswick, Canada, and parts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Through its radio, television, educational and Web services, the Maine Public Broadcasting Network provides ideas, information and lifelong learning to a diverse public. The majority of these services are available to everyone at no charge. Hundreds of thousands of people find value in MPBN's services every day. Private donations--including those received from radio members, television members, program sponsors and contributors of unrestricted gifts--comprise the largest source of revenue for the organization. The membership base alone totals over 60,000 individuals and families who form the largest nonprofit membership group in the state. In addition, thousands of volunteers donate their time and talents to the organization every year.
- Dayna Boyles
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!