Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Jeff’s Place facilitates healthy integration of loss for children, teens, and their families by helping them feel connected with each other and less alone in their grief journey.
No bereaved child or teen should grieve alone.
To make a difference "that matters" in the lives of grieving children, teens, and their families.
- We normalize the grieving process for children and teens
- We promote peer-to-peer connections to lessen feeling alone
- We empower children and teens to recognize and cope with their varied feelings
- We build confidence and self-esteem through the development of trusting and empathic bonds
- We encourage laughter, play and fun
- We provide hope, healing, and meaningful growth for all whose lives we touch.
Jeff's Place is a community-based, family focused program that provides FREE support groups and services to children and teens, ages preschool through high school, and their caregivers coping with the death of someone close.
We welocme families in all their diverse forms, and of all races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic strata.
All groups re facilitated by professionally trained volunteers and supervised by a licensed clinician. Our groups have a small child to facilitator ratio. An art therapist on staff helps develop activities using various medius to help children identify, explore, and express feelings related to their grief experiences.
We offer safe and supportive place for members of the community to hearl and integrate their loss in a healthy and meaningful way.
What we do:
Peer support bereavement groups
Sibling/Child loss Groups
Caregiver support groups
Research on Childhood Bereavement
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!