Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vision: The South Carolina State Library supports and inspires a thriving statewide community of learners committed to making South Carolina's future brighter.
Mission: We optimize South Carolina's investment in library and information services. We do this by:
• Supporting good governance for South Carolinians.
• Providing equal access to information for all South Carolinians.
• Ensuring collaboration and cooperation among information providers.
• Providing and promoting superior services through leading edge practices.
• Advocating for innovation and learning to create a highly skilled citizenry.
The South Carolina State Library is an agency of state government, serving the legislature and the people of the state with collections and information services. Our goals and activities include literacy, technology training, workforce development, information services for government employees and the general public, and support for public libraries statewide.