Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission and purpose of the NAACP shall be to improve the political, educational, social and economic status of minority groups; to eliminate racial prejudice; to keep the public aware of adverse effects of racial discrimination; to take lawful action to secure its elimination; and to increase their opportunities for securing justice in courts, education for our children, employment according to their ability and complete equality before the law.
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution - the principal objectives of the Association shall be:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.