Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
There simply are not enough homes for all the animals born. It's a horrifying fact that on an average day, over 50 unwanted animals are destroyed in San Diego County. This includes dogs and cats of every breed and every age. Being cute, cuddly or even a purebred doesn't save their lives. In order to provide a home for every animal in San Diego County, the average household would have to accommodate 24 animals! SNAP is working to reduce those perilous odds.
Our mission is to eliminate pet overpopulation through education and programs that promote and facilitate spaying or neutering pets in San Diego County.
SNAP is a credited Service Learning hours provider (Community Service hours for highschool too). We have events and clinics all over the county, please join us as a volunteer!
Our Programs include the following:
- Neuter Scooter Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinics for Low-Income Pet Owners - Serving approximately 5,000 low-income pet owners and their pets per year
- Assistance for citizens who are concerned about abandoned and feral cats
- Spay/Neuter Rebate Voucher Distribution
- Vet Referral Program to private vets generously offering reduced spay/neuter pricing
- Dog Licenses & Rabies Vaccines... In partnership with the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services & Chula Vista Animal Control