Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Hospice of the Chesapeake's mission statement is caring for life throughout the journey with illness and loss.
Our vision is by 2020, we will be the thought leaders who create vibrant engaged neighborhoods that offer seamless holistic care for those living with complex illness and or loss, brining meaning to each person's life.
Hospice of the Chesapeake, founded in 1979, improves the quality of life for those in our communities experiencing advanced illness or bereavement through hospice and other palliative care, compassionate support and education. Certified by Medicare and the State of Maryland and accredited by the Joint Commission. Hospice of the Chesapeake serves residents of Anne Arundel and Prince George's counties. Over 200 staff and 500 volunteers care for more than 2,200 patients and their families annually. The care includes:
- Comprehensive pain and symptom management
- Complementary therapies and the arts
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies
- Caregiving education and support
- In-home medical care from physicians, nurses, and certified nursing assistants
- In home volunteer support for families and patients
- Social Work and spiritual support for families and patients.
- Comprehensive grief and loss support services through Chesapeake Life Center