Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Silicon Valley Land Conservancy is to protect, promote, and enhance the natural habitats of fish, wildlife, plants or similar ecosystems, and the preservation of land areas for agricultural, recreational, educational, historic or open space purposes. The Silicon Valley Land Conservancy will accomplish this mission by:
- Raising and receiving contributions of land or money to be used to acquire and maintain real property or partial interests including, but not limited to, conservation easements;
- Creating volunteer programs for the preservation of open space;
- Managing land or partial interests contributed to or acquired by the Silicon Valley Land Conservancy;
- Educating on the importance of conservation;
- Encouraging outdoor recreation, agricultural activities and preservation of ecosystems and agriculture.
The story of the Silicon Valley Land Conservancy is similar to many other Silicon Valley-based stories: it began with an idea well ahead of its time. In 1998, a group of dedicated citizens formed the Land Trust for Santa Clara County, a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. This effort commenced as part of an overall plan to preserve and protect the remaining open space in Silicon Valley. From the beginning it was understood that there needed to be a private non-profit agency to provide the tools necessary to protect what remained of the natural habitat of the Silicon Valley . Since that time, SVLC has collaborated with land owners, government agencies, and other organizations to protect much of the natural habitat and agricultural land of Silicon Valley . SVLC has acquired, maintained, and preserved nearly 1,620 acres, a remarkable accomplishment given its small operating budget and staff. Because of its non-government status, SVLC has been able to accomplish what no other organization in the Silicon Valley could do.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!