Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Prevention Council is a not-for-profit community agency governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Our purpose is to strengthen individuals, families, schools and communities to combat, reduce and overcome the damaging effects of substance abuse, violence, and other destructive behavior.
What do we do?
· Reduce teen use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
· Promote youth leadership and involvement
· Promote non-violent conflict resolution
· Increase public awareness of the problems associated with underage drinking, gambling, drug use, tobacco use, DWI, and violence.
· Support healthy decisions and healthy environments
· Prevent DWI and underage alcohol use
· Intervene with youthful and adult offenders to prevent further crime including DWI.
· Build parenting skills and networks
· Intervene in early problem behavior, including drug use, delinquency and problem gambling
HOW DO WE DO IT?
· School-based alcohol, tobacco, drug and violence prevention curricula, pre-K through high school
· Safe Spring Campaign and county-wide SADD - prevention of underage alcohol use and other destructive behavior
· Saratoga Springs Partnership for Prevention - enhancing community life for youth and families
· All Stars Camp - summer and after school programs to build success in Middle School
· Saratoga County Youth Court - a restorative justice program by youth for youth
· Parenting and Family Education - Strengthening Families; Clean and Sober Parenting
· DWI Prevention, Victim Impact Panels, Risk and Responsibility classes
· Student Assistance Program - prevention counseling for teens in school
· Family Assistance Program - prevention counseling for Head Start families
· Southern Adirondack Tobacco Free Coalition - smoking prevention, cessation, awareness and clean air advocacy in Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties
· Cool Out of School - summer and after school fun, building drug free lives.
· Gambling prevention services - problem gambling awareness and prevention services
· Professional training; coalition development and community mobilization; consultation; community education
OUR SERVICES WORK!
· Young people build the motivation and skill to make healthy choices;
· Communities build an environment which supports healthy behavior;
· Families build the skills and attitudes which enhance healthy living;
Schools and workplaces build a climate which encourages healthy productivity.
- Michelle Hadden
- 518-581-1230 ext. 25
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!