Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission: The Castillero Education Foundation mission is to support Castillero students, parents, teachers, and administrators in the following ways:
- To conduct yearly needs assessment survey of the community and report back on our findings
- To seek input from other school organizations, faculty, and administration to determine the school needs and priorities in such areas as technology, equipment, program support, and training
- To establish strategies and working hypotheses suggested by t hose needs and priorities
- To set reasonable goals for implementing the strategies
- To raise funds to support projects approved by the Foundation
- To regularly inform the community about our efforts through newsletters and other appropriate means
We wish to integrate and involve the entire school community which will eventually be served by our students. Business and community partnerships will be established in support of our mission.
The 2013-14 Foundation Board consists of four officers (President, Treasurer, Secretary and Webmaster) and general board members. 2013-14 Board members: President: Kenneth V. Rousseau, Treasurer: Michael Emens, Secretary (on record): Zinnia Wilson, Noelle Pillsbury (in training, not official), Webmaster: Robert Crowe; Board members: Kenneth Brock, Rachael Parakh, Bruce & Naomi Young. Katrina Johnson (Principal), Kim Maruyama (VP/Academics) and Linda Danialy (Faculty/ Technology) are administrative/faculty reps.
Foundation currently sponsors 7 programs: SciJams (after school science enrichment and D.I.A. activities), Lego/Vex Robotics, 3D printing, Academic Expedition, Famous Figures, Math Night, Math Olympics, Speech & Debate. Faculty Coordinators manage the content of these programs: Academic Expedition, Math Night, Math Olympics, Famous Figures, Speech & Debate. Parent leads coordinate production, recruit and train volunteers for DOE.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!