Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
YXP collaborates with strategic partners to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals, families and communities by eliminating roadblocks to opportunities and assisting families in reaching their maximum potential. This is accomplished by addressing the participants needs through food distribution services, employment readiness and referral programs, literacy programs, adult engagement forums, health education and referral services, arts and crafts, financial literacy, life skills and clothing distribution actions in a hands on, empowering and productive environment.
Since our beginning in 2007 in North Highlands California, Youth XPlosion continues to impacted communities through providing meals and services for families in need. Due to the desire and the implied need to increase our effectiveness in Sacramento California and beyond, Youth XPlosion has incorporated much needed services ensuring a multitude of high impact activities available to all families.
We at Youth XPlosion take honor in maintaining the quality of service that neighborhoods deserve, with a smile. Along with the involvement of the community through memberships, residents will be given opportunities to have input in the services implemented within the communities serviced by Youth XPlosion.
To date, we have Youth XPlosion (Sunrise), our most developed family engagement action which engages the community every second Saturday in Oak Park, California. We will launch another Sunrise engagement program in Del Paso Heights, California on fourth Saturdays effective January 2014.
Youth XPlosion has also established a collaboration with The Imani Clinic of UC Davis in a 'H4H' Hoops 4 Health action which is a physical activity centered program for the entire family which happens every First and Third Saturday from 10am to 12:30pm at the Oak Park Community Center in Sacramento CA. Please see the attached brochure explaining the engagement activities in more detail. More information is available at www.yxpunite.org.
Participants will have continued access to;
- A Safe and Clean Environment
- A Free and Healthy Breakfast
- Adults in the Community forum known as 'Breaking The Cycle Of Poverty'
- Arts Activities
- Face painting
- Free Blood Pressure test (overseen by the Imani Clinic)
- Reading / Book giveaways by (Turn A Page)
- Healthy Food Education (Sponsored by Health Education Council) or certified volunteer
- General Community Information Station
- Food Bags distribution
- Access to Employment Readiness programs (Resume, Dress 4 Success, Life Skills etc...)
- Access to Entrepreneurial Opportunities’ through Youth XPlosion's T-shirt distribution action and more
- Tutoring, Dental Screening and more..
- Hoops 4 Health action (Sponsored by Youth XPlosion and the Imani Clinic)
- Occasional giveaways (Clothing, Hygiene etc..)
- Culinary Demo's (With healthy ingredients only)
- Drug Demand Reduction Program (in collaboration with the California National Guard)
- and much more
As President, I've committed a great deal of time and energy into the development of Youth XPlosion. In effort to maintain our positive impact through ethical practices I carefully created and maintained a culture of leadership with compassion towards others. This shared culture is self-evident as they continue to assist in establishing YXP’s presence in Sacramento.
I was also inspired to solidify the presence of Youth XPlosion officially by request of my mentors,’ the communities we serve.’ I look forward to working with you in creating a brighter future for our Youth, Children and Families. Please note, Youth XPlosion is also designed to be a versatile program which can be effective in Any City, USA.
For more information about Youth XPlosion, please contact our main office at 916-234-3270 or email us at email@example.com.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!