Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation was established to foster harmony between the Caribbean community and the American society at large. The Foundation uses art and culture as educational tools for mutual enrichment and better understanding. Its programs presented on the form of yearly cultural series and of After-School Program for Art A.C.T.I.O.N Foundation risk youth aim at bringing the best of Creole culture to the public.
Programs sponsored by A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation are open to children and adults regardless of ethnic background or religion
A.C.T.I.O.N Foundation History
1986 A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation began to operate. The same year it launched a series of cultural events centered around a music contest called: " Konkou Mizik".
1987 "2nd Konkou Mizik" was organized 1039 musical groups participated from everywhere in Haiti, the Caribbean, the Americas and Europe.
1989 "3rd.Konkou Mizik": Triumph of Boukman Eksperyans. The "Racines Music" became part of the mainstream.
1990-96 Due to political instability no major programs were organized. It did, however, sponsor and/or support the following organizations: RMT Dance Group and organized art exhibitions for: Raymond Dorleans, Yannick Jean and Levoy Exil.
1997 A.C.T.I.O.N. moved to Miami and exhibited the artworks of Levoy Exil, Jasmin Joseph and Iris at Miami Beach Convention Center.
1998 Art Exhibition at Ryals Gallery - Boca Raton showing the art of Iris.
Art Exhibition at "Art Frenzie" Fort Lauderdale presenting Iris.
· International ArtExpo, New York, NY.
· Art exhibition at the Nation Bank Tower, Miami, Fl.
· Art exhibition at the Milagro Center, Delray Beach, FL.
· Expo Florida at the Coconut Grove Convention Center ACTION, artists: Sufal
· Art exhibition of Iris paintings at " Centre d'Art ", Port-au Prince, Haiti.
· Art workshops animated by Haitians artists for the children of North Side
· Continuation of the Haitian Art Workshops at the Broward County Schools.
· Partnership agreement signed between A.C.T.I.O.N Foundation Inc. and North
Side Elementary School for the continuation of after school workshops in art and
· Agreement between A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation and the Multi-Cultural Division of
The School Board of Broward County to provide art workshops in Broward County
· Partnership with the Broward County Commission Libraries Division and the African-American Research Library and Cultural center to organize the Month
of Haiti Dec. 2001 in celebration of the Haitian cultural heritage.
· Organization of all of the events for the Month of Haiti (Dec. 2001) entitled: From a Legacy of Freedom to an Explosion of Culture
- Continuation of the After School Program in the Arts (ASPA) at the North
Side Elementary School in Fort Lauderdale
- Partnership with the Broward County Libraries Division and the
African-Americain Research Library and Cultural Center to organize the
month of Haiti May 2003, in celebration of the bicentennial of the Haitian flag.
- Organization of all the events for the month of Haiti (May 2003) entitled:
"From a Legacy of Freedom to an Explosion of Culture"
A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation Inc., is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization under the US Federal Tax I.D. No. 65-0995340 established in the state of Florida in 2000. This Foundation was founded in Haiti in 1989 and is recognized by the government of Haiti as a Non-Governmental Organization (N.G.0).
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!