During these uncertain times, how can we help?

As the world leader in volunteerism we feel a responsibility to unite our broader community, and to use this moment to become stronger.

See below to participate in our Impact Sector survey, access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and explore our growing directory of COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Read More
  • Tri-County Scholarship Fund Tri-County Scholarship Fund


  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon

Volunteer with us!

Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

TCSF provides scholarships for children, grades kindergarten through twelve, to attend accredited private or parochial schools in Morris, Sussex and Passaic Counties; in conjunction with Leadership Development Programs geared towards empowering these children with experiences beyond their socio-economic means. Our purpose is to provide disadvantaged youngsters with alternatives to ineffective public schools in their communities.


Hundreds of poverty-stricken families living in Passaic, Morris and Sussex Counties strive to gain access to a quality, value centered education in private or parochial schools for their children. This is evidenced by the 1,392 out of 1,660 scholarship applications Tri-County Scholarship Fund (TCSF) received from families for their children to attend private or parochial schools in Passaic County this current Academic Year. Left on their own, economics single-handedly denies them access.

Please consider:

  • The average income of all the families TCSF serves is $21,254.

  • 90% of our recipients qualify for the Federal Government's free or reduced lunch program.

  • 78% of TCSF families are single parent households.

These families seek financial aid through TCSF in order to avoid sending their children to underperforming schools. 93% of the students who received a scholarship in the 2006/2007 Academic Year attend private and parochial schools in Passaic County, New Jersey, which includes the City of Paterson. The remaining 7% attend schools in Morris and Sussex Counties.



Report this organization


Would you recommend Tri-County Scholarship Fund?