Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Watershed Management Group (WMG) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that develops community-based solutions to ensure the long-term prosperity of people and health of the environment. We provide people with the knowledge, skills, and resources for sustainable livelihoods. We envision a world where the relationship between communities and the environment creates prosperity for all.
Where we work
We offer a wide variety of environmental education and training programs across the state of Arizona, focusing on programs in Tucson and Phoenix. We work with K-12 students, adults, professionals, community groups, disadvantaged communities, and businesses.
Our core programs include:
- Green Living Co-op: WMG’s Co-op is built on a barn-raising model that brings community members together to install water harvesting features at residential sites, including rain gardens, rain tanks, and greywater systems vegetated with desert trees, fruit trees, and native plants.
- Schoolyard Water Education: WMG works with K-12 schools to provide classroom education complemented by hands-on learning projects in alignment with the state curriculum.
- Professional Trainings: WMG provides professional trainings in both English and Spanish to educators, community leaders, landscape architects, and other green professionals.
- Water Harvesting Demonstration Sites: Public examples of water harvesting features complemented with desert vegetation provide a model for conserving water while mitigating flooding, erosion, and urban heat island effect.
- Free Online Resource Library: WMG provides educational resources available for download on our website.
- Lindsay Ignatowski
- (602) 492-3332
- Need admin access?