Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We, the community of Meeting Ground, are a people of faith, hope and love. Our mission is to help meet basic human needs and to address the root problems that perpetuate the cycle of poverty and homelessness. We bring together homeless and non-homeless persons in a context of shared life and work by providing hospitality, shelter, food and education. We strive to live with compassion, respect, affirmation and advocacy. In the light of the loving community of God's grace, we invite all to participate fully regardless of needs, differences or gifts. At Meeting Ground, in humility, "we all sit at the same table" in ministry one to another, each seeking to discover one's own identity.
About Meeting Ground:
Meeting Ground is a faith-based organization that runs five programs for people who are experiencing homelessness. In our programs we provide safe shelter, case management, opportunities for participants to develop community and deepen their spiritual connections, assistance with job seeking or entitlement applications, referrals to medical, mental health and substance use services, help to find affordable housing, transportation.Each program has a unique focus and style, but each seeks to assist persons to overcome obstacles to safe, affordable, and stable permanent housing.
Meeting Ground's Programs
Meeting Ground's Women's Shelter: Wayfarers' House
- Provides shelter for women and women with young children.
- When enrolled, women are asked to develop a plan to address issues such as employment, education, and financial well-being.Wayfarers’ House also serves as a food closet providing food boxes to families in need within our community.During the holiday season, Wayfarers’ House hosts Marsha’s Christmas Barn, where they distribute toys to children in need.
Meeting Ground's Men's Shelter: Settlement House (Cecil County Men's Shelter)
- Provides services for men, and works closely with the Veteran’s Administration, reserving 10 of their 15 beds for veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Settlement House also serves lunch Monday-Thursday from 12:00-1:00 to anyone who is hungry within the community.
- A drop-in facility for people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Breakfast is served every morning to our guests.
- Services include, showers, computer use, case management, phone use, laundry, bible study, resume help, obtaining vital documents, and connecting people with resources to help transition from being homeless.
- Open Monday-Friday.
- Provides transitional housing for persons who have completed one of Meeting Ground’s shelter programs but who have not yet been able to secure permanent housing.
- Also provides residential space for full time volunteers-in-mission who are serving the Meeting Ground community.
Meeting Ground's Emergency Rotating Shelter:
- In partnership with 35 local churches to provide shelter.
- Provides safe nighttime accommodations during the coldest winter months (November through March).
- Intakes begin at 4PM at the Mary Randall Center, and then participants are bused to the hosting site for that particular week.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!