Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Colorado Engineering Summit is a result of a greater vision in the community of high school engineering teachers, post secondary visionaries, engineers, and companies around Colorado. There has been a growing desire to connect students, colleges, and industry to provide a clear cut view of possible career paths, and educational options that students can pursue. It has also been increasingly important for students to realize the vast realm of opportunities available in the field of engineering. The 2013 Colorado Springs Engineering Summit will be available to anyone and everyone that desires to know more about a career in and engineering or STEM related field.
The vision of the Colorado Engineering Summit is four-fold:
- Give the community a clear vision of what engineering is and why it is important
- Give students an accessible view of career goals in STEM related fields
- To connect students with higher education institutions offering strong STEM related degrees
- To create excitement in the community around STEM education and great things currently going on in the schools
Main components of the Colorado Engineering Summit
- Trade show setup with the post-secondary schools and local engineering firms/businesses
- Create meaningful conversations between students/parents and real engineers
- Educate Colorado community about the difference that CS businesses make in the context of world impact
- Breakout Sessions and Keynote speakers
- Give people a taste of topics such as Women in Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Engineering of the Future, etc.
- Student Showcase
- Current middle school and high school students will show off their key accomplishments
CES gives attendees the opportunity to see what the field of engineering is really all about! our annual event allows students and parents to have conversations with real engineers to get answers you couldn't find online or in a book.
Students and parents will also be able to connect with major universities offering top-notch engineering degree programs, and get information on how to best prepare to pursue an engineering degree.
Many of the major engineering schools from Colorado are involved, including the Colorado School of Mines, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado State University-Pueblo, Pikes Peak Community College and more!The summit includes great breakout sessions and keynote speakers to see what the trends are in topics such as emerging technologies, women in engineering, what people hiring engineers look for, etc.
- Nohealani March
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!