Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- To prepare the draft Watershed Management Plan for the Upper San Gabriel River Watershed
- To continue distribution of the award winning study: Reconnecting the San Gabriel Valley (June 2000);
re: Land Use Planning & Policy Development
- To educate re: advantages of Greenway Network Models/Approaches
- To expand Environmental Roundtable education & outreach
- To add to the regional conservancy human resources listing
- To continue to provide consulting and assistance to local conservancies and/or land trusts for preservation successes
- To fund staffing and project goals through grants and contributions
- To promote collaboration, consensus, mentoring and partnering
- To assist the state conservancy (RMC), and other agencies in implementation, collaboration, advisory, and human resource roles
- To increase conservancy educational and media resources availability
- To expand speakers bureau and programs
- To expand the website with new interactive & paperless communication and education roles
- To expand collaborative roles through "Community Partners" Grants/Projects, and collaborative expertise sharing through "Natural Partners"
To achieve its mission, the San Gabriel Mountains Regional Conservancy (SGMRC) operates two nature centers:
Santa Fe Dam Nature Center: Focusing on the Alluvial Sage Scrub plant community that live atop of the Alluvial Fan of the San Gabriel River, this Nature Center offers exhibits, hiking, docent programs, and more. Located in Irwindale inside the Santa Fe Dam Recreational Area.
Galster Wilderness Park Nature Center: Located in West Covina's Galster Park near Aroma Drive and Azusa Avenue, this new educational center will focus on the rare Walnut Woodland and Coastal Sage Scrub plant communities that survive on the north slopes of the San Jose Hills.
Both Nature Centers offer excellent volunteers opportunities that aim to restore a "sense of place" in the East San Gabriel Valley
- Chris Winkler
- (626) 335-1771
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!