Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Teacher Excellence Center (TEC) fosters exemplary teaching by providing professional development to teachers and recognition of the region's best K-12 educators, and encourages other teachers to strive for this same dedication to their students and contribution to their educational communities.
· TEC is a non-profit, tax exempt corporation with a 501(c)3 status.
· Workshop instructors are recognized award-winning teachers.
· TEC provides forums for teachers to meet and discuss issues and ideas with other teachers
TEC recognizes and honors outstanding teachers in southwestern Pennsylvania through its Teacher Recognition Program. Eighty one school districts in nine counties are participating in the 2006-2007 program that encompasses 20,433 teachers and255,956 students.
· All school districts in southwestern Pennsylvania are eligible to participate.
· In order to be eligible, teachers must work full-time in a participating school district and be a classroom teacher, librarian or guidance counselor.
· Honorees are recognized at the annual Celebration of Teaching event.
· Seven Teachers of Excellence are announced on the night of the Celebration of Teaching.
· The schools of the seven Teachers of Excellence each receive a $2,500 grant.
- Danielle Torres
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!