Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To reduce the numbers of healthy animals euthanized in Georgia by implementing successful adoption programs and aggressive spay/neuter programs and by promoting responsible pet ownership and humane education.
The Georgia Humane Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to alleviating the pet overpopulation problem throughout the state of Georgia. The goals of the Georgia Humane Society include, but are not limited to:
- Placing homeless and unwanted pets into loving homes
- Protecting lost, strayed, unwanted and abused pets until a permanent home can be found
- Offering low-cost spay/neuter programs to reduce pet overpopulation
- Educating the public about responsible pet ownership
- Promoting humane education programs
- Following the guidelines of the Asilimar Accords for a no-kill organization
- Offering the public an alternative to "kill" animal shelters ("Giving people a choice and unwanted pets a chance")
- Alleviating cruelty, abuse, neglect and abandonment of all animals
- Partnering and consulting with local governments and law enforcement agencies to identify and aggressively persecute animal abuse cases
- Opening adoption centers throughout the state of Georgia
- Partnering with and consulting with other adoption centers and humane organizations throughout Georgia to implement similar programs and guidelines within their organizations.
As a "no kill" organization, all healthy animals accepted by the Georgia Humane Society are placed in an adoption center or foster home until they are adopted. All pets are fully vetted prior to adoption which includes updated vaccinations (including rabies), treatment for heartworm (if necessary), flea prevention, spay or neuter, and micro-chip.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!