The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
Interfaith Council for Peace and JusticeInterfaith Council for Peace and Justice
Mission Statement The Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and mobilizing people to promote a world with more peace and more justice. We bring together people from various faiths who believe tha... Read more
The Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and mobilizing people to promote a world with more peace and more justice. We bring together people from various faiths who believe that the world is one family. We believe that love, commitment to future generations, wise stewardship or the environment, and promotion of social, political, and economic justice are religious responsibilities.
- To help members of the local religious community put their faith into action on issues of peace and justice for all peace
- To be a resource to local congregations in their work on peace and justice issues
- To encourage dialogue among members of the various faiths on the peace and justice issues of our time
- To promote the use of creative nonviolence to solve conflicts and resolve injustice
- To raise awareness in the wider community of our vision of peace and justice and the ways in which all of us can help bring it about
The Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice is a small non-profit working for a more socially, politically, and economically peaceful and just world. We have five member led taskforces that focus on five key areas - hunger, disarmament, racial and economic justice, latin america justice, and globalization.
ICPJ provides many different opportunities for service across a wide range of subject areas. The staff is friendly and helpful to interns and volunteers, and there is a strong network in place given the volunteer nature of the organization. Volunteer empowerment, meaningful contribution and organizational support are hallmarks of this local organization with a global vision, promoting peace and justice since 1965.