Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Coppin Heights Community Development Corporation (CHCDC) is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization established in 1995 by Coppin State University to advance the broader community improvement/neighborhood revitalization agenda of Coppin State University -- to be a catalyst for suitable and affordable housing for low to moderate income residents, and to stimulate economic development within neighborhoods immediately adjacent to the campus through the establishment of social, economic, educational and affordable housing development initiatives that collectively increase the stability and sustainability of our community.
Coppin Heights Community Development Corporation works aggresively to achieve its mission by:
· Coordinating partnerships between Coppin Heights Community Development Corporation, Coppin State University, government agencies, elected officials, public schools, social and community service organizations, businesses, and residents to ensure a community collaborative approach to meeting the needs of residents in the Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont community.
· Developing and improving affordable housing in the Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont community.
· Fostering economic and business development initiatives serving the needs of low to moderate income and otherwise disadvantaged Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont residents.
· Strengthening existing partnerships between Coppin State University and the broader community through support and coordination of the Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont Alliance Steering Committee (Alliance), a community-based collaborative established by the CHCDC to hear, consider, and make wise decisions around issues that fall within the following resident-identified priority areas:
o Slum and blight removal.
o Community safety.
o Elimination of known health and educational disparities.
· Promoting community awareness of events and issues important to the wellbeing of Greater Coppin Heights/Rosemont residents.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!