Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission StatementChicuchas Wasi promotes gender equality, personal self-esteem and human dignity in marginalized indigenous females of rural Cusco, Peru, by educating, empowering, and preparing girls for a womanhood of economic survival and opportunity.
Our major programs are:
Chicuchas Wasi school enrollment is 105 female students for 2014 and provides free primary education to girls unable to attend school otherwise. We provide quality academic education, emphasizing personal development and leadership. We stress personal values, integrity, self-esteem and social responsibility for an adult life of quality, dignity, gender equality and financial independence. We teach group problem solving for the classroom and home by working and cooperating with others to resolve conflicts without verbal or physical abuse.
In addition we provide:
- Daily hot meal program. For many students this is their only daily meal.
- Hygiene, Art, English and Quechua language classes weekly
- School uniforms, textbooks, school supplies, and dental care if funds allow.
- Safe transportation to and from school daily. Attendance increased to 99%.
- School participation in all community events to represent the value of educating girls.
- Parent classes for mothers and for fathers to help with domestic and unemployment issues.
- Teachers are specially trained to be able to meet the needs of our students.
- Diana Lewis
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!