Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Norfolk Public Library offers equal opportunity access to information, high quality book and multimedia materials, programs, exhibits, and on line resources to meet the needs of our diverse community for life-long learning, cultural enrichment, and intellectual stimulation.
In order to fulfill our mission, we believe in:
- Excellent public service.
- Equality and ease of access to information regardless of means, age, race, background, or beliefs.
- Outreach to those who have not been traditional library users
- Provision of materials in formats that are most meaningful to the user
- The prevention of illiteracy and the active promotion of literacy by intervention and the provision of independent learning opportunities through diverse collections, programs, and services.